Hurricane and Tropical Storm Update
The safety of our guests and employees is our utmost concern at Aqua Hospitality. The information below is provided to keep you up to date on weather conditions and prepare for them should they impact your visit to the Hawaiian Islands.
Please reference the following websites for current weather conditions:
- Central Pacific Hurricane Center – Official source of information on Tropical Storm Ana
- Hawaii Emergency Management Agency – Includes information on evacuation shelters by county.
- National Weather Service
- Hawaii News Now Severe Weather Update
- Area Closures and Advisories – For the Hawaii Volcano House and Hawaii Volcanoes National Park updates
Reservations and Cancellations
If you are currently an in-house guest and need to extend your reservation due to Tropical Storm Ana, we will extend a 20% discount off Best Available Rates for additional room nights through Sunday, October 19, 2014. The amenity fee will be waived for extended stays. Please see a guest service representative at the front desk for assistance. Guests must present airline ticket or confirmation to receive discount.
If you wish to cancel or modify an existing reservation, cancellation fees will be waived for arrival dates from Thursday, October 16 through Sunday, October 19, 2014.
US/Canada Toll-Free Reservation: 1.866.940.2782
Emergency Preparations & Travel Safety
If you are staying through the dates when Tropical Storm Ana is projected to pass through the Hawaiian Islands, we advise you to take precautions when outdoors and be particularly mindful of beach and ocean safety.
- Do not leave personal property on your lanai (balcony) and keep lanai doors closed to avoid the effects of strong winds and rain.
- Be extra cautious of slippery conditions when walking in public areas.
- Observe signs and warnings posted at beaches and do not enter the water if advised to stay clear of dangerous surf.
- Prepare a personal hurricane kit. More information
- Visit Hawaii Tourism Authority’s website for a Travel Safety Brochure available in English, Japanese, Korean and Chinese.