Commitment to the Environment
Join us in our commitment to the environment and our responsibility to the wondrous ecosystems in Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
As a family-run company, Ortega National Parks operates in small to medium size Park operations where we can make a real difference in reducing the local ecosystem impact of not only our operations but also all Park visitors. Our success is in large part due to the fact that we do not consider the local and National Parks just another business. We consider it a privilege to work as junior partners with the NPS and local communities to keep the Parks “America’s Best Idea”.
Ortega National Parks is dedicated to meeting and exceeding all applicable legal regulations and other requirements in order to preserve and protect the unique environments and precious resources where we operate, allowing our guests and future generations to experience the beauty, serenity, and splendor of the local and national parks. We annually establish and review objectives and targets based on our commitment to pollution prevention and continuous improvement.
Consideration of the environmental impact of daily operations plays a primary role in our planning and management at Ortega National Parks. Therefore, we are committed to the following:
- Implementation of strict Water Preservation procedures and technologies.
- Energy Reduction through improved efficiencies and aggressive usage strategies and technologies.
- Waste Management focusing to first Reduce, then Reuse, and finally Recycle to the greatest extent possible.
- Sustainable Purchasing not only for on-site products and menu items but also through supplier partnerships promoting sustainable supply chain management.
- Preservation and Protection of Park Resources specific to each location where we operate.
We ask our guests to join us in our commitment to preserving the unique and precious environment of local, state, and national parks by participating in our environmental initiatives not only while they are enjoying their park experience but also in their daily activities going forward. Take care to preserve the treasures of today for the visitors of tomorrow.